Clearing the cache
- From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear.
- IE 8: From the Tools menu choose Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.
- Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes.
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- A dialogue window will appear, providing you with a list of checkboxes for the types of information that you wish to have removed.
- You can enable the Develop menu to clear the cache if you don't want to clear your history.
- From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.
- For some reason Apple buried the ability to clear Safari's cache in the Develop menu, which you have to enable.